Domestic incident calls to
Hamilton Police Services in 2019
Charges laid from domestic incidents
in Hamilton in 2019
Every 2.5 days, a woman or girl
is killed in Canada.
As a program of Interval House of Hamilton (IHOH), MentorAction upholds the agency’s mission, vision and values. MentorAction works with the support and guidance/direction of Interval House of Hamilton to, where possible:
- Through active social media, presentations and group discussions.
- Through the implementation of Be More Than A Bystander to educate the community’s youth.
- Provide meaningful strategies and tools to individuals to break the cycle of gender-based violence through the use of safe strategies that disrupt harmful behaviour towards women/girls.
- Actively participate in social awareness campaigns, such as International Women’s Day, National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women, and Take Back the Night.
- Support the work of Interval House of Hamilton by engaging and supporting fundraising opportunities, as a means to reduce financial burdens and barriers.
- Engage allies within the community who seek to create change and abolish gender-based violence.
- Develop allies willing to volunteer when necessary to support the work of Interval House of Hamilton and MentorAction.
- Establish strategic partnerships with community organizations.